Saturday, January 15, 2011

Welcome to my Blog 2011!!!

First off I would like to welcome you all to my blog. I greatly appreciate the fact that you have taken the time to read or post in my blog. With that being said let me introduce myself.

My name is Israel also known as Izzy. Some of you may have seen my youtube videos (ijuarez13100) online.  I have decided to create this blog to reflect things I have done with ventriloquism as well as anything and everything that has to do with the art.

I have been practicing ventriloquism a.k.a. Vent for approximately 3 years. I have been building figures for approximately 2 years. I became interested in ventriloquism when I saw a commercial on television as a child. The ventriloquist was an LAPD officer with his figure. (I don't know his name). At around 12 years old my parents purchased a Danny Oday for me, which I HATED! He had the string that came out of his neck and I wanted a pro figure.

I grew up too poor to purchase a real figure and recall going to the Hollywood Magic store just to stare at the Jerry Layne figures in the window. Needless to say I gave up on vent because my parents could not afford a figure for me.

As an adult I finally decided to purchase a figure for myself. When I saw how expensive they were I decided I would learn how to make my own. After trial and error I learned many techniques on how to create figures. I also practiced the art daily. I had the opportunity to meet Jerry Layne and go to his shop. To this day he remains a good friend, who literally lives down the street from me..lol..

I hope you enjoy my blog. Thank you

Sincerely,

Izzy

No comments:

Post a Comment